Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Corinne Lee's Lit Seminar Review

During my seminar, I felt comfortable conducting the classes discussion on my story, "Best Quality". I was proud of the work I had done on the story and my understanding of the relationship between mother and daughter. I thought that the class listened and communicated well, answering my questions accuarately while still bringing new idea's to the table. One point was made that I hadn't considered yet, which was that the jade necklace that was given to June by her mother could also have symbolized her mother's hopes for June to be sucessful in life, with money and other things. The speaker also believed that maybe the green necklace could relate to the idea of the "Tree of Life", and obviously that is a simialar color as the necklace. It could deal with the ideas of wealth, sucess, and being prosperous. These could be the hopes of June's mother for her daughter, and giving those wishes to June in the form of the necklace, something to remind her of those hopes and also of herself. I enjoyed hearing my classmates opinions and comparing them with my own, and I thought they were similar and different in all the right places.

No comments: