Sunday, October 14, 2007

Aeolus's Bio

Aeolus

Greetings. Many of you no doubt wonder who I am. This is to be expected, I am not one of your famous deities of Mt. Olympus but instead I am the god who pulls the strings in the back round. I am Aeolus, ruler of the island of Aeolia, and master of the winds. Viceroy in fact to the greater gods in that I bend the winds to aid them when they need me to, which they often do. I am the son of the great King Hippotes, and I later came to rule my own island, the aforementioned Aeolia. With me on my great rocky isle are my family, and not many more besides the occasional visitor.
My hand can be found in the tales of several heroes, and my work is not openly acknowledged. Some see me as a mortal whom Zeus gave control of the winds so I could aid him. This is not entirely true as I control who I help and if I help, and for the sake of prosperity, I help every Olympian when they need it. I can also assure you I am not mortal, though that is how I have appeared at times. At the request of the gods I can release horrible winds, or gentle breezes to help favored travelers home. That is not to say I don’t command the winds only as the gods demand, I can let them free on their own will, or accomplish my own agenda with them. I can also defy the will of an Olympian, to help the occasional hero, as I defied Poseidon once, but I do not do it often, so don’t expect the same gift twice.
If you are traveling the seas and wish to pay me a visit please do, company is welcome. I assure you there will be a place for you to stay for several weeks, and I might very well present you with a gift for your departure, and always remember to thank me when that nice breeze comes by on that hot summer day.

No comments: