Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pandora's Bio

Hello. I am Pandora, "the gift of all". I gave many gifts to the world, since I was the first woman on this earth. I am also a very curious being. The old expression, "Curiosity killed the cat" goes hand and hand with my story.
I was given the task of keeping a box, that could either have everything or nothing in it. I was just so curious, it was eating me up inside and one day I just couldn't take it any longer. So I opened it, even though I was forbade to look inside by Zeus. It turns out that there were no material possessions in that box, but things of great misfourtune. Many of mankind's evils came out: death, sorow, mischief. But one good thing did come out of my curiosity: Hope. Something that is greatly needed in a time of affliction. So, I guess you could say that I did mankind a favor!

No comments: