Monday, October 15, 2007

Ariadne Bio


I am Ariadne, sometimes i am also known as Rhea. My name means "very holy". I am the immortal goddess daughter of King Minos of Crete and Queen Pasiphae, the moon goddess. Being the princess of Crete, i had a lot of powerful influence over the people in the highly advanced civilization and i was very well respected.
I am most famous for helping the hero, Theseus defeat the Minotaur, half-man/half-bull, in the labyrinth. I gave him a spool of magical gold yarn, so he could find his way out of the labyrinth. I fell in love with Theseus, and later it became clear that he did not love me back. He and I were on our way to sail to Athens, when he left me on the Island of Naxos while I was sleeping, to continue the journey himself.
While I was on Naxos, Dionysus, the god of wine, fell in love with me, and he made me his wife, we had several children together. I was later killed by Artemis, the goddess of nature. Dionysus, however, decended into the underworld and got me back from Haydes, Dionysus and I then joined the other gods up on Mount Olympus.





No comments: