Sunday, October 14, 2007

Narcissus Bio


I am the magnificent Narcissus. I am the son of the nymph Liriope and the river god Cephissus. You will never find a better man than me. I am handsome and charming and you know you cannot resist me. But if you do fall in love with me, which you will, I will not return your love. I am just too good for you. But, I have found someone I can love. One day, I went hunting in the woods, hoping to catch a beautiful stag. I became unaware of the time so, I wandered deeper and deeper into the forest. I was very thirsty and searched for some water. I found a clear spring. As I put my lips to the water I saw the most gorgeous man. He had curly hair, a round face, porcelain neck and chest muscles. I instantly fell in love with him, but he said he did not love me back. I could not understand how he could be so cruel. He told me that the person I was looking at was myself, and that this was how cruel I was to other people. I did not believe him and I went to kiss him, but all I felt was the cold water. I could not pull myself away from my beautiful reflection and watched myself day in and day out. I lost interest in eating and sleeping, and eventually died. When the nymphs found me, they constructed a funeral pile. When they came back to fetch my body it was nowhere to be found. In its place stood a beautiful, yellow flower, which they named after me. So when you see a Narcissus, remember the most handsome man in the world.

No comments: