Sunday, October 14, 2007

Aphrodite Bio


My name is Aphrodite, but I am also referred to as Venus. I am the Goddess of Love, Lust, and Beauty. Many people say that I am ill-tempered and easily offended, and I can't say that I disagree. I am the type that will take any comment offensively, so always watch what you say to me. I never really had a childhood because I have always been portrayed as a beautiful born adult. When I was born, my father Zeus knew that all the men would fight over my hand in marriage since I was the most beautiful goddess. He decided to marry me himself to avoid any conflict between the gods. He chose one of the steadiest-tempered gods, Hephaestus. When Hephaestus found out that he was going to be my husband, he was so happy and could hardly believe his good luck. Of course, any man who was able to marry me would be the luckiest of them all. As my husband, Hephaestus would make all these lavish jewels for me. Well, who wouldn't! But when I wore the jewels, they made me even more irresistible to all the other gods. Seeing all these other interested charming men made me start to get dissatisfied with the hard-working and unglamourous Hephaestus. One thing that really made me angry was the fact that a mortal named Psyche was more beautiful than I. No one ever before had surpassed my beauty. All the gods ignored me and began to chase after Psyche. This made me mad, so I sent Cupid to make Psyche fall in love with the ugliest man existing. But the plan did not turn out well because Cupid himself ended up falling in love with her! Even so, I still consider myself the most beautiful and irresistible goddess of all time.

No comments: