Sunday, October 14, 2007

Helen's Bio


They call me Helen of Troy, but you might know me as the most beautiful woman in Greece. I am daughter of Leda and Zeus, or at least I am thought to be Leda’s daughter. Truthfully I am the daughter Nemesis, but when I was only an egg my real mother fled and handed the shining blue silver egg over to my father’s other lover, Leda. Zeus had transformed himself into a swan at this time, so he had seduced Leda as a swan. When I was only a little girl of twelve, I was abducted by a suitor by the name of Paris. I am not sure why, but Paris gave me a golden apple, told me I was the most beautiful girl in the world, and whisked me away. While I was in Sparta many suitors were asking for my hand, but I could only chose one. I chose a man named Menelaus, king of Sparta, and he soon became my husband. Aphrodite showed up as a guest of me and Menelaus in Sparta, as did Paris. I soon lost interest in Menelaus and now, somehow loved Paris. We ran away to troy together, leaving Menelaus behind. Menelaus tried to do everything in is power to win me back, so he put together an entire army. His army sailed over to Troy and attacked in attempt to get me back. This was the start of the Trojan War. I was happy in Troy with Paris, so I attacked Menelaus and his army right back. Because of this, I am now known as “the face that launched a thousand ships.” My dear lover Paris was killed during the war, and I was taken back to Sparta. The Trojan War lasted 10 years. Many people think many different things about me today. Some think down upon me, because I caused the deaths of millions. Others think that I am strong, and I stand for womens’ rights. Either way you think of me, I am “the face that launched a thousand ships.”

No comments: