Monday, October 15, 2007

Prometheus Bio



I am Prometheus, the son of Iapetus and Clymene. My name stands for Forethought and I was also known as a rebel god. I knew that my brother Cronus would be overthrown, but I did not tell anyone and I waited until the time came. Immediatley when I saw who was to overthrow Cronus I sided with him without a doubt, and obviously I was correct and Cronus was overthrown. Inspired by my abilities Zeus gave me the job to create mankind along with my brother Epimetheus. I allowed him to create every beast and when the time came to create man I told him to allow me to do that. He was fine with the idea and when it was mankind's turn he called for me. I created man to walk on two legs like an Olympian god, and I gave them an amazing gift. That gift was fire. I knew that Zeus would not give me fire even though I had helped him against my own kin, so I tricked him and obtained fire which I immediatley gave to primitive man. Zeus was angered and gave me a warning but I did not fear him because I knew what was to come, and I also knew I would have to guide mankind and help them against Zeus now that I have gotten them on his bad side.
Now it was time to create an offering for the Olympians because mankind was to worship them and they wanted an offering during every worship session. I told Zeus that I would create the offerings and that he could choose among the two I was going to create. Zeus was fine with the idea and I was off to work. I collected the hide, bones, and fat of a wildebeast, and I cleverly made it look like a fresh piece of livestock ready for him and the meat I had taken from the wildebeast, I had disguised as something rotting. Instantly when Zeus came down to choose the offering, he chose the fake wildebeast and at that moment he was angered and frustrated with me because I had given him the fat of the beast and left the finest parts of the wildebeast, the flesh, for mankind. At that moment he gave me a final warning that if I were to intrude him once again that I would be locked and I knew he wasn't kdding but I saw that it wouldn't last forever and I knew I would have to endure a horrible fate until that time was up just for helping mankind.
Zeus had feared for a long time that he was going to be overthrown just like Cronus by one of his sons, therefore he commanded that I tell him who was to overthrow him, but I refused. He was at that moment so fustrated with me that he ordered I be chained up in Caucasus. There I had to endure the most painful of hardships of my everlasting life. Zeus ordered an eagle to come every day and eat my liver. I was a god therefore my liver kept renewing itself so I had to endure this everyday. The pain was escruciating, it was almost as if I died every day, but I was the wisest of all gods and I knew that this would end soon. Zeus promised that he would release me after I told him who was to overthrow him, but I still refused even though the eagle kept eating my liver. I foresaw that a god would come to slay the eagle and rid this evil curse and it happened. Heracles slayed the eagle because he felt horrible as to how his father was treating me and I thanked him for that. I told him not to worry about me for that this was near the end of my cruel treatment and he was relaxed because he knew I could forsee the future and he left. After a few weeks of this cruelty Zeus released because he knew I would never tell him his future even with cruel punishments.
I am The Rebel God that always sticks up for mankind and I always side with the good. Never Forget That!

No comments: