Saturday, October 13, 2007

Neptune's Bio

Hello. My name is Neptune, known to the Greeks as Poseidon. I am the son of the great god Kronos(also spelled Cronos) and the goddess Rhea. I overthrew him with the help of my two brothers, Zeus(ruler of the sky) and Hadas(ruler of the underworld). After overthrowing our father, we divided the world between us. I was given control of all the water. Yet, I also had the power to cause earthquakes, restore peace, and shape-shift. I always carry my trident so I can deal with the bad mortals how ever I chose. I am usually seen either riding a horse or a dolphin. I am married to my beautiful wife, Amphitrite, who is a sea nymph and daughter of Nereus. The two of us live in my castle underworld that is filled with gold and precious jewels. I also have a castle on Mount Olympus but I prefer my one underwater. For this reason, I am considered to be greedy, but it is not my fault that I have two castles! I just like a choose of senerey. As I am usually viewed as having a temper, I must say I can't deny that. I often drown lands, create earthquakes, and cause sailors to become confused in fogs or drown in the storms I send over the water. At the same time, I also like to get revenge or just have fun. I created the octopus and blowfish for the water nymphs to play with. I have, though, had my chance of getting revenge on people. King Minos, ruler of Crete, had asked me to send a bull from the sea for him to sacrifice. Instead, the stupid king fell in love with the animal. Calling on the goddess of love, Venus (Aphrodite for the Greeks), and asked her to put a spell on the king's wife so she would fall in love with the bull. This caused the creation of the horrendous monster Minotaur, half-man, half-bull. Lastly, I have the power to shape-shift. I usually change into a horse, a steed in particular. In this form, I wooed Medusa. I sometimes lend this power. I did this when I enabled the maiden Caenis to change into the invulnerable warrior, Caeneus. As the ruler of horses, I made Pegasus spring from Grogon's severed neck after Persus killed him. So, I am not just the ruler of the water or a greedy and distempered god, I am a very important god who plays a major part in Roman and Greek mythology.

No comments: