Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pyramus


Hello, my name is Pyramus. I live in Babylonia with my parents. I am most famous for my relationship with Thisbe. She is the most gorgeous maiden in all land. Nothing could compare to my love for her. I long deeply to marry her, but our parents forbid it. It fills my heart with so much sorrow. There is a wall between our houses that stops us from ever being together. We are, however, able to talk to each other through the wall. Our parents might have been able to stop our marriage, but nothing they could do would stop Thisbe’s and my for each other from growing deeper everyday. Nothing else in my life really matters.

I reach the point where I cannot take it anymore. I talk to my love and we agree to meet outside the city walls at a mulberry tree. Unfortunatly, Thisbe arrives to the tree first, and flees because she sees a lioness. She drops her cloak as she runs away. When I arrive to the tree, all I find is the cloak bloody and torn from the lion. I think the lion has killed my love. The pain I feel when I find the cloak and my Thisbe is no where to be found is indescribable. I did not know what to do with myself, or how to deal with the pain, so I killed myself.

Thisbe returns and finds me dead. She kills herself with my sword out of her love for me. I wish that I had known that Thisbe was not dead before I killed myself. That way we could have been together forever. Yet again, I do not mind that I gave my life due to her. She was what I lived for, and she was what I died for.

No comments: