Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ares


HAIL Ares


I AM ARES, GOD OF WAR! I make men tremble at my feet, I live for the awesome carnage of battle, and I smite all who upset me! My father is Zeus, and Hera, my mother, but they care not for a god like me with a taste for blood. I roam the battle field with several other accomplices: my sister Enyo, the goddess of bloodshed, Phobos and Deimos-the spirits of fear and terror, and Alala, the name that became my battle cry. These three stood by me in many fights, including the Trojan War where I was defeated by my sister, Athena.
But, although scholars will tell you other wise, there is much more to the great Ares than glorious war. I founded the city of Thebes by taking the teeth of my dead son the water dragon and laying them into the ground. Than, fully grown Spartans, the fiercest warriors in all of Greece and my decedents, rose from the ground and began building my city. I am also worshiped by one of the most feared tribes in all of Greece, a tribe that has caused some of the most glorious on man, the Amazones. I have bestowed my own fighting spirit in them, so the women are just as blood thirsty and brutal as I.
Speaking of women, I am also known for a very infamous date with the fair Aphrodite. You see, we were secret lovers (I even killed Adonis who also was her lover), for she was married to the horribly deformed Hephaistos. Our passionate love was kept secrete for quite some time, until that damned god of the son Helios saw us! He told Hephaistos, who made a special net that could not be broken and threw it upon us in the middle of our acts of love. But instead of beating me to pulp, he did something much worse than death himself. He called upon all the gods of Olympus to witness us in our frozen and embarrassing state to witness our love. Many laughed, some envied me for being with Aphrodite, but never the less, I felt an anger that no other being on earth or Olympus could feel! But I can only blame myself; my weaknesses are being reckless and not thinking of consequences. That is also how the two idiot giants Otus and Ephialtes chained and held me captured for thirteen months!! It took that long for my idiot father Zeus to finally send Hermes to rescue me using his wit.
There are a few more very brief stories about me, but they are too short to say. Damn the Greeks! They never wrote about all of my glorious war adventures, in which I have made even the most battle hardened men cry, and slaughtered the armies of thousands! They only focus on my weakest moments; the moments were I was made the fool of gods and mortals alike. Don’t they know my wrath!? Don’t they FEAR my wrath!?!?

1 comment:

Charlie Durkin said...

We will take Olympus back, and you shall be the first to go. No hard feelings.